Privacy & Cookies
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website Will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website Will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
- Allow you to share pages via Add This (If available)
This website will not
- Share any personal information with third parties.
- Below is a list of 3rd parties policy links, I have given these links as they are the companies for either the website, online shops (eBay & Etsy), payment processing, social media & delivery companies. At the time of publishing I believe that all companies and platforms I am using are GDPR compliant.
Royal Mail: https://www.royalmail.com/business/system/files/royal-mail-the-gdpr-opportunity-with-mail.pdf
Create Website (creationsbyabutterfly.co.uk): https://www.create.net/about/privacy-policy
Information I Collect:
To Fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information
(which you have authorised Etsy / eBay to provide me with if your order is from those sites), this will include your name, delivery address, payment information (PayPal or Etsy payments), and the details of the product your are ordering. You may also need to provide with personal information (for custom orders), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to my services, such as when I use your details to fulfil your order, to settle disputes or to provide customer support.
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you can of course revoke at any time, such as signing up for a news letter.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation, court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchase for tax purposes.
Information and Sharing:
Information about my customers is very important to my business, I share your personal information for very LIMITED reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service Providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to preform functions and provide services to my shop, such as Royal Mail for delivery purposes.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain and share your information if have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to a legal process or to government requests (b) encore my agreements, terms and policies (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How To Contact Me:
For the purposes of EU data protection law, I, Katrina Benton am the date controller for your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact me at [email protected]
Alternately, you may write to me at:
25 Coopers Row,